UKC

Well done or a bit too rare? (poss T-A spoilers)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 17 Mar 2014
Referring to either the steak or the performance.

Of course its a cliche now to speculate after every good performance.

But...

I haven't seen a performance as dominant as Berties's since the EPO era.

Incredible in several senses.
 Toby_W 17 Mar 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

In my opinion he is a serial cheat (doper) and anything he does is tarnished by this which is a shame as some of his attacks, riding and tactics are fantastic.

Cheers

Toby
OP DaveHK 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Toby_W:

It was great viewing and I love his style, the classiest rider of recent times but I can't believe in him.
 Chris the Tall 17 Mar 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

With concerns over Froome's health, Nibali's form and Quintana's participation then the TDF might come to a battle between the two dodgy spaniards. And Andy schleck, of course......

As to clen, we still haven't heard any more about mick Rogers positive . Whilst I don't believe berrties story, I still think it was plausible enough, combined with the incredibly low reading, that the conviction was unsafe. Exonerating Rogers would probably complicate matters.
 balmybaldwin 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Whats up with froome?

Theres always wiggo waiting in the background
 Chris the Tall 18 Mar 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Bad back caused him to miss T-A. Porte took his place and retired ill, Thomas took the lead in PN and then, stop me if you've heard this one before, crashed out. Wiggins almost 30 mins down on Bertie, admittedly he's there in a support role and to get fit for roubaix, but don't think he'd be able to challenge at the TDF this year even if he was allowed to.

Nice to see Cav get a win today though
 Henry Iddon 18 Mar 2014
In reply to DaveHK:
Wiggo will be at this years TdF because he's 'box office' for Sky and Froome isn't.

Bertie has been doing more altitude training >

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-praises-new-coach-steven-de-jongh

Regarding who is doing what - it's all about Xenon Gas now.

H
Post edited at 11:38
In reply to Henry Iddon:
it's all about Xenon Gas now.

I've been using Campag Xenon on my winter bike for years and dont seem able to go up hills any faster. Will a large helium baloon help?

Dr.S at work 18 Mar 2014
In reply to Henry Iddon:

> Regarding who is doing what - it's all about Xenon Gas now.

really - whats is that supposed to do? I can see it having potential as a training aid to increase airway resistance, but I'd be a bit concerned about falling off my bike.....
 Chris the Tall 18 Mar 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

Interesting result developing in the TT

Martin, Wiggo and Cancellara all in the race, and the winner is.....
 Henry Iddon 18 Mar 2014
In reply to Dr.S at work:

Research suggests that breathing xenon boosts the body’s production of a protein HIF1A - it seems to act by stimulating the production of other compounds in the body, including EPO.

Article here

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/03/xenon-gas-as-a-performance-enhancing-drug...
 tim000 18 Mar 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

contador now working with Steven de Jongh . who sky got rid of because of his doping past

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...