UKC

Has anyone used a Camp Air CR Harness?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KA 18 Mar 2014
I'm after a lightweight harness for winter/alpine use, and with this one having adjustable leg loops, it seems to be the ideal harness. Has anyone got one, ad if so how do you find it? What size have you gone for?

I had considered the Petzl Hirundos, but with the fixed leg loops, I think that my legs are too large for a medium, yet my waist is too small for a large.
 John Kelly 18 Mar 2014
In reply to KA:

Camp air cr - great basic harness used summer and winter - v light and relatively cheap - seems pretty robust
OP KA 18 Mar 2014
In reply to John Kelly:

Thanks for that. How have you found the sizing?
ylem 18 Mar 2014
Are the rear gear loops easy to use for trad and witer alpine climbing?
Is it comfortable enough for "hanging" (no place to stand) belays?
OP KA 18 Mar 2014
In reply to ylem:

The UK model has 4 plastic covered gear loops, whereas on the US model the two rear gear loops are the more flimsy fabric only loops.
 TobyA 18 Mar 2014
In reply to KA:

Mick reviewed the fixed leg one for UKC a few years back http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2034 I remember at the time being vaguely jealous because I thought it looked a good harness for very little weight.
 John Kelly 18 Mar 2014
In reply to KA:
I have 2 harnesses

when i'm skinny (12 stone) i'm a medium
when i'm fat (131/2) i'm a large

essentially its fine i'm just very variable
Post edited at 15:01
 John Kelly 18 Mar 2014
In reply to ylem:

I wouldn't big wall in it - no worse than the last 3 standard harnesses i have owned
 Graham 19 Mar 2014
In reply to John Kelly:

I have one and I f*cking love it. Super light, mine has 4 real gear loops, comfortable (almost as comfy as my regular rock harness), ice clipper slots. Can't recommend it highly enough for ice/alpine/winter use. It's not great as a summer harness because it's not as comfortable for hanging in, but it's still pretty decent. Weighs almost as much as a minimalist harness like the BD couloir but is actually serviceable as a harness.

The mesh outer layer is prone to getting "runs" in it, but it's just cosmetic. As far as sizing goes, I wear a medium in every harness I've tried, including the Air.

Go buy one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...