UKC

Best gear/outdoor shop in Manchester area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stash 28 Mar 2014
Just after some advice, from any one who lives in and around Manchester which are the best outdoor/gear shops to visit? Got a few days in Manchester and fancy looking at some shiny kit?
In reply to Stash:

In the city centre there's Ellis Brigham, (also a dedicated ME store across the road), or Cotswolds.

There's also Alpenstock in Stockport or going even further afield, Outside in Hathersage.
OP Stash 28 Mar 2014
In reply to SidharthaDongre:

Cool will check them out. Im looking at Manchester itself.

I know about Outside in Hathersgae regulary visit when in the peak.

In reply to Stash:

Coolio.

Most of the shops in Manchester are on Deansgate, so you shouldn't have any trouble navigating them.
 imkevinmc 28 Mar 2014
In reply to Stash:

There's a Cotswold Rock Bottom branch on Oxford Road, opposite the old BBC building (no longer there). Worth popping in if you're in Manchester, but not worth a special trip.
OP Stash 28 Mar 2014
So who has the best selection of kit and dare i say it better service if I require it? I know quite a bit about this and that but its nice to chat etc
 Mike Stretford 28 Mar 2014
In reply to Stash: This might be a little controversial but I'd say Go Outdoors.

OP Stash 28 Mar 2014
In reply to Mike Stretford:

Im not bothered too much as long as they have a good selection of stock and the staff are friendly and knowledgable. prices are usually good too!
 drolex 28 Mar 2014
In reply to Stash:

I find Cotswold people give the best advice (especially for shoes), but Ellis Brigham have more stuff.
In reply to Stash:

I was in Ellis Brigham a couple of months ago. They have a lot of gear there, plus a small ice climbing wall and an altitude test centre.

They also have all of the new black diamond technical clothing- very shiny, costs a bomb.
OP Stash 28 Mar 2014
In reply to Chris Huntington:

Black Diamond clothing that has me interested!
 galpinos 28 Mar 2014
In reply to Stash:
> (In reply to Chris Huntington)
>
> Black Diamond clothing that has me interested!

At least you'll get to look at it, realise it's all style over substance and save a few pennies.

None of the Manchester shops are great (like an Outside/joe browns/V12) but none are dire.
OP Stash 28 Mar 2014
In reply to galpinos:

heard its nice so will have a look myself.

Who has the best selection of footwear, Im ater some approach shoes and maybe a pair of B1 ish boots for allround walking/scrambling/mountain days out all over the uk
 snapperdan 28 Mar 2014
In reply to Stash:

The shop at Awesome Walls in Stockport is the cheapest and best. V12 I think.
In reply to Stash:

Cotswold on Deanshanger by far. Helpful and knowledgeable, at least in the boot-fitting context.
In reply to galpinos:

Agreed.

Can't possibly believe the Black diamond clothing justifies the proce tag.

It would have to actualy climb the route for you.
In reply to SidharthaDongre:

> Cotswold on Deanshanger by far. Helpful and knowledgeable, at least in the boot-fitting context.

No idea what Deanshanger is. Deansgate!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...