UKC

Buying Rock shoes - Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I live in Stirling and am looking to replace my current rock shoes. What shop offers the best selection in either Edinburgh or Glasgow?
 LiamJC 30 Mar 2014
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Tiso at EICA Ratho would probably be your best bet.
 Burnsie 30 Mar 2014

Got to say rock boot shopping in Scotland isn't fun. Best bet are the shops attached to the walls, so Ratho, TCA or GCC. Means you don't waste a day visiting out of the way shops that don't stock what you are looking for. Or take a trip to the lakes.
 Smelly Fox 30 Mar 2014

Agree with the above. Don't bother in Scotland. Go on a trip to the lakes/Peak District and get them there. Then when you know what you want you can order online.

It really annoys me about the lack of selection up north, but I guess that's just business.

Trist
 PPP 30 Mar 2014

Depending on what you need, GCC stock 5.10 Dragons, La Sportiva Miuras (velcro and laces), Evolv Shaman, Evolv Geshido (Velcros), Evolv Defy, Evolv Bandits and few more. As far as I remember, they offer 20% (or maybe 10%?) off for "Climb Unlimited" (27 pounds/month pass) members and students.

They do not allow to climb on the walls, though they have few footholds to test them in the shop.

My first pair of shoes was bought in Go Outdoors, but now I've got Shamans from GCC and I feel like I didn't do a mistake buying shoes at GCC. They know what do they have and they are helpful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...