UKC

Can anyone recommend me some shoes please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mostin3 31 Mar 2014
I currently climb in 5.10 galileos (wide version of the Anasazi VCS I was told at the time of purchase) and I love everything about them, apart from one thing. There is about an inch of read space at the back of my foot as my heel doesn't fill the cup. It's getting to the point where they are effecting the grad I climb at as anything that requires a heel hook, they simply just peel off, no matter how tight they're done up. For everything else, I've never had or used a shoe that I like anywhere near as much nor have I found one that I am as confident in my foot placements on tiny edges. They are also reasonably comfortable, and appear to be the perfect stiffness for me.
 MikeStuart 01 Apr 2014
In reply to Mostin3:

Go to a decent climbing shop (e.g. Joe Browns) and try on a load of shoes, see what fits best. Buy the best fitting shoe. Climb. Simple.
 thedatastream 01 Apr 2014
In reply to MikeStuart26:

> ...Buy the best fitting shoe...

From the shop which you tried it on in.

Blue Straggler 01 Apr 2014
In reply to thedatastream:

"...in which you tried it on"
 alooker 01 Apr 2014
In reply to MikeStuart26:
This. Any recommendations people give just aren't going to be the same for you, we all have funky shaped feet.

As above too, buy them from the shop that let you try all the different models out and answered all your questions. Don't be afraid to try on a LOT of different models in a lot of different sizes.
Post edited at 12:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...