UKC

Bike light issues

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wallacerocks 03 Apr 2014
Just after some advice really. Back in oct 2012 I bought a Moon Shield 60 rear bike light, USB charging and nice and bright for £34.99

This light is now completely dead, won't turn on, won't charge, it's dead.

Now moon won't do anything about it as it's over a year old. This just doesn't seem right to me. I paid £34.99 for what I thought would be a premium product so it would last me.

Am i screwed? or is there anything I can do to help my cause?

Thanks
W
 The Potato 03 Apr 2014
In reply to wallacerocks:
How do you know it wont charge? can you remove the battery and use a multimeter to check that its taking charge? Or use the multimeter to check if the charger is working? If it is a power failure then generally the possibilities are -
the charger is dead and can be replaced
the battery has failed and can probably be replaced
the charging circuit is dead, probably not repairable
Post edited at 13:11
OP wallacerocks 03 Apr 2014
In reply to ow arm:

These are all very good questions. I haven't tried an checks yet, but I think I will.

I was wondering if I have any foot to stand on with moon re a replacement.
Jamming Dodger 03 Apr 2014

Most probably the battery. Happened to my Lezyne Superdrive. I put a multimeter across is and got zip.
Get replacement battery and should be fine.
 balmybaldwin 03 Apr 2014

Stictly speaking, this would come under consumer protection rules around a "reasonable" product life and fitness for purpose so you could try going down that route. (just because a company only offers a warranty for a set period does not excuse them from providing a product that is fit for purpose. At £5 then a years life is probably more than you'd expect, but for £35 I would expect at least 5 years use.
 chrisbussell 03 Apr 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Yea thats exactly what I was expecting.

I've thrown the 2 year warranty EU directive at them see what that does!

I don't want to be this person but sometimes things just don't seem fair!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...