UKC

Rodellar before the campsites open

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AJM 03 Apr 2014
I was planning to be in Rodellar just for a few days middle of next week, but both the campsites seem to be closed until Easter if I've understood their websites right.

We are in a van and from what I've heard its one of the few places in Spain where they actually actively try and discourage you from van camping and move you on?

Has anyone any beta on where to park up out of the way (I guess for a few days we could just bite the bullet and drive a reasonable distance back out of town, but how wide is the area in which they care?) or what they do if they find you there parked up in a van because there's no other option (with the campsites being closed)? It doesn't mention it, but I assume you can't park by kalandraka for some sort of small parking fee or anything like that?

Also, kalandraka mentions a washing machine - anyone know if that includes a drier?

Cheers,

Andy
 DaveR 03 Apr 2014
In reply to AJM:

There is a big car park on the left before you enter the village, I have (an many others too!) stayed in this car park in my van. During the peaks season (July-August I think) they charge to park there and you won't get away with sleeping there. Outside of peak season it seams to be tolerated. The police did turn up once while I was there (luckily while I was in Riglos for the day) took registartion numbers and said they'd be back in the evening to move people on, but they never did. I got the impressions they just like to scare people away if it gets a bit too busy. I was there about 2 and half years ago, so things may have changed!

Don't sleep in your van outside the car park, they definately don't like that!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...