UKC

Cycle to Work Scheme

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tizer 10 Apr 2014
Hi All,

I've been offered the above, and understand that you can get equipment OR a bike (providing it's under £1000). Does anyone know whether I would be able to get a Satmap Active 12 as part of this?

I imagine I'm stretching the parameters of the scheme a bit, however I would use the device to get to work on my existing bike and understand Satmap do a bike package.

Tenuous I know...

Thanks,

tizer

Kirsticles 10 Apr 2014
In reply to tizer:
It's unlikely, many places are cracking down on buying any old stuff on the C2W scheme, it really has to relate to "safety" (i.e. hi-viz clothing or tools for maintaining your bicycle).

Anyway, there are some good deals to be had on SatMaps that would be cheaper than the full price minus tax that is offered by the C2W, such as on Amazon or a discount code for an outdoor shop.
Post edited at 17:15
 lost1977 10 Apr 2014
In reply to tizer:

As far as I can work out

Satmap on its own no
Satmap and a bike should be OK although that would really limit your bike choice
Removed User 10 Apr 2014
In reply to tizer:

don't see why not being as I know a couple of people who bought brand new mountain bikes from the scheme and never once actually cycled to work on them
OP tizer 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Kirsticles:

Thanks for your quick responses guys. Work will sign it off, however would the bike shop that stocks the product? There appears to be a finite list of stockists that participate in the scheme. Does anyone know a C2W participant that stocks the Satmap Active 12 that I could speak to?

Thanks again,

tizer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...