UKC

The Roaches, any climbing restrictions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gd303uk 13 Apr 2014
Hi , I am planning a trip to The Roaches this week, and need to know if there are any climbing restrictions due to nesting birds etc..
I have had a quick search and cant find any but I might have missed something.

Thanks

G
ianj 13 Apr 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

We were there on thursday evening did not see any s, some routes still very green ,hope this helps.
OP gd303uk 13 Apr 2014
In reply to ianj:

Thanks , it does help, I am taking my wife climbing and fancy the upper tier for some slabby-ish routes, i hope they are not too green.

cheers
G
 Michael Hood 13 Apr 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

Quick search on BMC RAD shows that part of Hen Cloud is restricted which will almost certainly mean that the peregrines are nesting there this year.

Last year they nested at an old site at the Roaches because their favoured site on Hen Cloud still had snow on it when the female was ready to lay one. Unfortunately the chicks were stolen last year.
 Šljiva 13 Apr 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

Didn't see any today but it was mighty windy so we didn't stay too long!
 andi turner 14 Apr 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

Restrictions in place at hen cloud, none at the Roaches.

Cheers,

Andi
In reply to Michael Hood:

I knew they didn't fledge (or whatever its called when they successfully leave the next), I didn't know they were stolen
OP gd303uk 14 Apr 2014
In reply to gd303uk:
Thanks everybody for the feedback, it's good to hear the falcons are back on Hen cloud, after last years weather and their nest getting stollen (or whatevever) they had a tough year.
Post edited at 08:25
 andi turner 14 Apr 2014
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

It's never been proven but most likely. Old enough to look after themselves, but to young to fly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...