UKC

threadback buckle harnesses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 18 Apr 2014
Right, Having offloaded my modern style quicklock buckle harness after Trying it a few Times and not quite feeling Right with the new fangled quicklock System, im now to be Shopping around for an old skool style thread Back buckle system harness. Was a bloody comfy harness as well.

So, whats currently available thread Back? Any you would Recommend or avoid? Looking for comfort, Adjustable leg Loops, Usual amount of Gear Loops, 4 or 5? 6 foot punter with 36 inch waist.

And yes, i Know, i Know, quicklock systems are as safe these days, it Simply didnt feel Right to me, and why waste some of your Climbing day thinking about it.

crayefish 18 Apr 2014
In reply to Choss:

Listen for reviews of older style buckle harnesses on the wireless
OP Choss 18 Apr 2014
In reply to crayefish:

> Listen for reviews of older style buckle harnesses on the wireless

I Tried. all im getting is weird numbers.
 crayefish 18 Apr 2014
In reply to Choss:

> I Tried. all im getting is weird numbers.

1s and 0s? I think you're on the digital wavelengths.
OP Choss 18 Apr 2014
In reply to crayefish:

> 1s and 0s? I think you're on the digital wavelengths.

On a related note, the ISS is Making a 5 star pass at 19:14 Tonight, and they have Been Voice broadcasting couple of Times last couple of days, albeit in Russian.

I shall be tuned in on 145.800 on the 2m waveband in that short window of Time hoping for my first ISS voice downLink.

what an exciting Life i Lead
 crayefish 18 Apr 2014
In reply to Choss:

It will probably sound something like this:

Drinkski... Putin machoski... Ukraine badski... invadeski...
OP Choss 18 Apr 2014
In reply to crayefish:

chances of them Being on the ham radio on the pass are Pretty slim, then theres atmospherics, stronger signals Stamping all over the signal, etc.

So many Variables.

Last few have Been Soyuz resupply chit chat. Send more Vodka i Expect :-D
 Martin W 18 Apr 2014
In reply to Choss: Simon Marsh from DMM confirmed on these very forums just last week that the DMM Renegade 2 is available in a "pro" version with threadback buckles:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=583759&v=1#x7736267

They still haven't updated their web site to show it, though
Simon Marsh 19 Apr 2014
In reply to Martin W:

Hi Martin,

It is on the list of tasks for the marketing guys to do - they just need to get some images of the Renegade 2 Pro.

They ran out of time last week as they were getting the Rucksack POS material finalized.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards

Simon

Simon Marsh

DMM International

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...