UKC

exit to curved ridge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Is this now snow free? I've not been in that neck of the woods for several weeks... Cheers
 LakesWinter 23 Apr 2014
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

It was pretty snowed up on Saturday when I was climbing on Rannoch Wall.
 LakesWinter 23 Apr 2014

But I don't know if you could avoid that big gully leading to the summit on rocks??
In reply to LakesWinter:

Thanks for the quick response. Was access to and descent from the wall (presumably by curved ridge?) unaffected?
 Joak 23 Apr 2014

Hi Dan, I went up Curved Ridge on Saturday, bone dry rock all the way. The exit is initially on snow which you can quickly quit to the right and gain Crowberry Tower gap via the the usual grubby ground then up onto Crowberry Tower which was all free of snow.
In reply to Joak:

Perfect, thanks!
 LakesWinter 24 Apr 2014

The Curved Ridge part was fine, dry rock and very pleasant but easy gully was full of snow so we kicked some steps over and tried not to fall - an axe would have been more advisable and there was a huge depth of snow in the gully so it'll probably still be there?
In reply to LakesWinter:

OK, thanks. Looks like I'm on my own tomorrow so no Rannoch Wall for me.
 Joak 24 Apr 2014

I was in the same boat on Saturday, climbing partners are a bit like hen's teeth just now
 Morris 24 Apr 2014

I'm in that area this week and looking for climbing partners. See my post in partners thread. Also fancying a spell in Ice Factor Indoor Ice Climbing wall tonight (Thursday) but got no partner! Morris (07929861233).
In reply to MorrisRodham:

Sorry Morris, missed that.

Didn't go up CR friday, too cloudy to bother by mid morning. Did the zigzags and up to SCNL, hoping it'd lift. But no joy.

If anyone finds it useful, there's still an unbroken (yesterday mushy) snow arete linking SCNL with Bidean. I didn't fancy finding my way down into lost Valley through the murk, so retraced my steps up and over SCNL. Still a good bit of glissading to be had into Coire nan Lochan and on down past the upper waterfall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...