Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - BMC or AAC Insurance? I know the answer now!

jonnie3430 - on 24 Apr 2014

Shame on the BMC.

'The claim has been referred to the Underwriters for consideration and unfortunately we have been unable to give favorable consideration to your claim.

Please refer to the following section from the policy wording, which states:

F. Search and Rescue Expenses
“If You are reported as missing Abroad and it becomes necessary for the rescue or police authorities to instigate a search and rescue operation where;
I. it is known or believed that You may have sustained injury or become ill; or
II. weather or safety conditions are such that it becomes necessary to do so in order to prevent You from sustaining injury or becoming ill;

We will pay the the necessary and reasonable costs incurred by and/or levied by recognised rescue or police authorities in searching for You and for bringing You to a place of safety (Please note the information regarding rescue services and Your responsibility under the Local Safety Advice and Emergency Contact Details on Page 4).”

This section of the policy offers two reasons in which there is provision to claim. From the information you have kindly provided, we note that you were not reported missing nor does it fall under the above covered reasons outlined within the policy.

As your claim falls outside the scope of the insurance, we have no option but to decline your claim. '

800m off the deck, one getting electric shocks, lightning getting nearer and no decent anchors for bailing from after going off route. The AAC claim was settled quickly, a friend now has a £2500 bill.
... not showing 329 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums