UKC

Replacement aluminium tent poles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 29 Apr 2014

Hi folks,
I am after 3, 9mm diameter, 1m long aluminium tent poles. I want one to make a repair and the other 2 as spares.

Originals are DAC but trying to source them is a mare so was looking for Eastons which is also proving a difficult task to try and track down.

So far both my options are not cost effective. It is a North Face Tent and TNF want £120 for a replacement pole and will not sell individual sections.

Scottish Mountain Gear want me to send it to them for inspection where they will either repair, which is not possible, or replace the damaged section. All in all, this is going to cost me about £40. Individual poles are not for sale and apparently the cost includes the skill required for the repair. I'm not a skillfull person and it took me 5 minutes on my last repair.

Anyone any ideas? I'd prefer Easton poles but an expedition grade pole would suffice.
Thanks in advance, Den
Post edited at 11:07
 Bob 29 Apr 2014
In reply to Denni:

Where are you based?

I had a broken pole on a Wild Country SuperNova, WC wanted something extortionate for a full replacement set - no individual poles. Went in to what was Fishers (now Ultimate sport) in Skipton and they had a repair kit: one new section and replacement shock cord. Grand total of £6.

No doubt other shops do the same.
 TMM 29 Apr 2014
In reply to Denni:

Hi Den,

Hope the family are well.

Let me have a look when I get home. I have a pole bag stuffed full of old pole sections and there might be something that suits. Are the three sections you want all 100cm long?

Another alternative is Hampton Works
http://www.hamptonworks.co.uk/campingtentpoles.html
Hampton used to the standard supplier to Phoenix so they have a background in producing decent quality poles, might be worth a call.

Cheers,

Ben
 lithos 29 Apr 2014
In reply to Denni:

Hi Denni

I've got a shit load of spares but not sure what size they are , not 1m.
they are gold coloured and i think come from a WC tent

can you post a pix of yours and i can see if it similar.
I'll try an post a pic of the ones i have
 Darron 29 Apr 2014
In reply to Denni:

I had similar problems and a visit to go outdoors fixed me up.
 jimtitt 29 Apr 2014
In reply to Denni:

Hilleberg used DAC poles and they sell spare sections.
OP Denni 29 Apr 2014
In reply to jimtitt:

Hi Bob, Ben, Rob, Daron and Jim,
many thanks for all the replies.
Someone has emailed me with the exact poles I need and sending me them for free. Gotta love UKC sometimes! Cheers Gaz.
Den

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...