UKC

Cam Racking Biners (pretty minor and anal)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 30 Apr 2014

I have my C4's and C3's racked on coloured spectres, but the bastard things continually turn themselves around so that the rope end is holding the cam clipping loop.

I'm not quite sure why - possibly the other end of the basket is too small for the wide loop that c4's have - but does anyone have any suggestions of better coloured cam racking biners?

Yours irritated
Post edited at 09:31
 HeMa 30 Apr 2014
In reply to neuromancer:

BD Hoodwire? After all, it is a BD product .

But anyway, I have used Phantoms sans probleme for a few years now, with both C4s and Dragons and Master cams. And to me, it doesn't seem to be a problem, at least I haven't noticed it much.
 CurlyStevo 30 Apr 2014
In reply to HeMa:

I haven't noticed any problems using phantoms for this either
 Kevster 30 Apr 2014
In reply to HeMa:

I use Phantoms, no problems. Dragons, zeros and C4s are all I have tho.
The Alpha trad draws do the same for me when I sit down. But only on certain gear loops - rear sling draws. I think it is a harness/ground/trousers combo which does this when I sit down. Just remember when you stand up to go, check rack is sitting well and its not an issue.
K
 crayefish 30 Apr 2014
In reply to neuromancer:

Superglue and duct tape. And if that doesn't work, a few 6" nails should hold it in place.

I never have problems with my Spectres to be honest; the only binner that seems to rotate is my BD belay one! I now use a DMM oval; plus it's a pretty colour
 FreshSlate 30 Apr 2014
In reply to neuromancer:

I think you have answered your own question, perhaps try finding a carabiner with a wider basket. However, any crab that is not fixed in place can potentially spin round, whatever you buy will always occasionally orient itself this way.
In reply to neuromancer: Not sure if it is relevant but do you rack the krabs facing in or facing out on your harness?

jezb1 30 Apr 2014
In reply to neuromancer:

Tried Phantoms?

I use them on my dragons but climb with others who have them on Camalots and never noticed an issue.
 CurlyStevo 30 Apr 2014
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:
For the record my gates face in mainly because I've always done it that way, but I think it makes clipping easier too.
Post edited at 18:26

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...