UKC

Slate Rack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alooker 30 Apr 2014
So after wanting to get on the slate for a while it looks like I'm going to get the chance at the weekend. Anyone got any tips on gear? Common sense tells me to take up wires, brassies and alloy offsets so sorted on that front I reckon.

I'm not so sure about cams though, strikes me that slate would be a bit like limestone and I should treat cams with a healthy dose of suspicion/not carry any at all!

Am I along the right lines on this assumption? Maybe it's time to get back to fiddling around with the pink and red tricams...?
 Coel Hellier 30 Apr 2014
In reply to alooker:

Loads of wires and microwires, but yes take cams also since sometimes a cam placement is essential.
 Webster 30 Apr 2014
In reply to alooker:

iv never placed a cam on slate, and wouldnt really trust one. it all depends on your route, some only need a couple of quickdraws, often small and medium wires are most usefull.
 jezb1 30 Apr 2014
In reply to alooker:

Small stuff and yes cams are very useful.
 Scott Quinn 30 Apr 2014
In reply to jezb1:

Cams useful! small wires imps/rps Fell on a cam in slate held no problem

Take your trusty sky hook aswell!
OP alooker 30 Apr 2014
In reply to scott quinn:

I'll take both my hooks cos I'm a wimp!
 Scott Quinn 30 Apr 2014
In reply to alooker:

They get placed becuase we are wimps, but in reality placing them makes us bad ass..until it falls off

One thing that doesnt work in slate are ball nuts...bought one for comes the dervish, it didnt bite on anything!
 jezb1 30 Apr 2014
In reply to alooker:

Can't say I've ever felt the need for a sky hook but then I don't climb particularly hard stuff.
OP alooker 30 Apr 2014
In reply to jezb1:

No me neither, I have them for 'ladder climbing'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...