/ Bike vandalised!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Flinticus - on 01 May 2014
Back from my dad's 80th in Ireland. Unlocked the bike to cycle to work. Both brake cables cut, parts removed and chain set f*cked. Wife's bike tyres slashed. These are kept locked in communal close of 5 owner occupied flats and I know all of them. Someone will have left the front or back door open and it seems as if the bikes were previously noted as the f*ckers clearly had wire cutters.

F*ckers!
balmybaldwin - on 01 May 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

Sorry to hear that... I suppose you don't have the option of keeping them indoors do you?
Tricky Dicky - on 01 May 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

There's some weird people out there. I lent my bike to somebody once who left it locked in the bike sheds at work. CCTV recorded some toerag in a hoodie dousing the bike in lighter fuel and torching it.
In reply to balmybaldwin:

My wife doesn't use her bike much so we will keep that in the flat. I use mine eveyday and it would be a hassle to cart up & down (second floor) all the time (as well as keeping both bikes in the flat).

Going to put up some notices in the close (shared stairwell / hall for those who don't know what a 'close' is).

About a fortnight ago wheelie bins were set alight in our back lane. Seems the devil is finding work for idle hands.
Choss on 01 May 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

Its a Bugger Innit... Stealing bikes or bits you can at Least see some logic to... just vandalising them makes no sense at all.
PeterM - on 01 May 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

Yeah living in a close is always a hoot! I stay on the top floor and some git pinched the bar-ends of my mountain bike when it was locked to the stair right outside my front door. All bikes inside now.
Mr Trebus - on 01 May 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

I feel your pain, someone numpty attempted to pop the D-lock on my Marin with a car jack to only bend the bike frame around the angle iron post. The bike frame is still sitting there as they also destroyed the barrel of the lock.
In reply to broken spectre:
Had my last bike stolen late 2013...
Post edited at 13:45
ads.ukclimbing.com
Flinticus - on 02 May 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

I don't get it. Stolen: both disc brake pad mechanisms. Rear derailleur unscrewed and left dangling (prob as interrupted by neighbour).

Wife's bike: rear derailleur stolen. Brake cables cut. Front inner tube taken!

Didn't take my quick release wheels or sadle.

WTF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.