UKC

Camping near Almscliff / Brimham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pay Attention 01 May 2014
Can you recommend a reasonable camp site in the area near Almscliff and Brimham. I'm planning to visit both the coming weekend.

Not inclined to use those places at £15 and above per night as it then becomes more economical to go B&B....

Proximity to a good pub appreciated but not essential

Thanks in anticipation
 dan_dangled 01 May 2014
In reply to Pay attention:

I was there and the other week and had same problem trying to find a cheap camp site. Caley isnt far away, if you follow the road down from the parking for Caley and take the first left it brings you up a hill with a car park on the left, turned up there at about 11pm and slept in my car with no problems!

If you are in a car, neither spot is a long way away. Camp in my garden? Eateries and pub nearby. Harrogate.
OP Pay Attention 02 May 2014
In reply to unclesamsauntibess:

thanks for your offer. I'd be interested in your garden. I've sent you an email...

I've had replies from some sites : -
* Pool Road Campsite - £50 for a 2 man tent for one night
* Crain Syke farm, North Rigton - £30 for a 2 man tent for one night
* Manor House park - ground waterlogged
£50? You can get a B&B for less than that!!

OP Pay Attention 02 May 2014
In reply to Matt Bill Platypus:

You're right! For much less than that I can get an ensuite twin hotel room with breakfast in the nearby city. So I am curious as to why its so expensive just for camping, and what extras you get there.

Dancing girls/boys?

> thanks for your offer. I'd be interested in your garden. I've sent you an email...

just responded, sorry I went out yesterday and didn't check stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...