UKC

dws in mallorca, what to take, where to go

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timmyhobby 05 May 2014
posted this the other day but didnt get any response, anyone got any advice?
hi, going there in a few weeks and only have hand luggage, not going to do tones of climbing but maby a day or 2, want to be climbing easier stuff and traverses (max 6c). is climbing shoes, few chalk bags and the deep water guide sufficient as in it it says about putting in safety lines but i don't want to take a rope, also which areas are best, in my guide there is cova del diablo, cala barques and cala marcal, we are staying close to cala barques. is there a need to get the full guide (or is the pdf supplement any good?) and i know some areas are a no go at the moment, is it any of these 3?? anyone been there this year yet that could give some advice that would be great
In reply to timmyhobby:

Cala barques is really, really excellent, even just to spectate! You only need two pairs of shoes and a tiny bit of chalk. Diablo is something else, its best left to calm days in september as you will be spending a lot of time in the water, which is when the sea is at its warmest. The traverse into where the routes start at diablo is a feat in its own right, 150m of climbing up to f6b at points. If you do go to diablo try to bring a dingy. Cala marcal is also good but not worth a big detour.
OP timmyhobby 07 May 2014
In reply to s0458892:

Wicked! thanks for the reply ill take up the advice! Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...