UKC

Triangle Frame Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Carter 09 May 2014
Have built up an old 90's MTB and there are just a couple of bits that I still need to find. Does anyone on here have an old triangle frame bag they'd sell me? I'm after red or purple mainly, but any option will be considered!
 Phil79 09 May 2014
In reply to Richard Carter:

I did have one (on my 90's mtb, in the 90's!) but alas its long gone.

Out of interest, what are you building?

I do like a retro MTB, mainly for the nostalgia value I get think about my misspent youth.

Well I had a rusty old M-Trax Ti1000, it's been painted up, gave it some bright red Magura's then replaced the drive train. Couldn't be bothered looking for old parts so it has an XTR drive train :-P
 Chris the Tall 09 May 2014

Try decathlon

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triangular-bike-frame-bag-id_4394072.html

I have one from years back, the only problem is that the zips appear to have rusted up !
In reply to Chris the Tall:

All the modern ones are so boring though, was hoping for something with a bit of colour.
 Clarence 09 May 2014

Alpkit make custom frame bags in yellow and red but you do pay rather more than the Decathlon off the peg version. I think they start at £65 ish.
 Phil79 09 May 2014
As long as you put an anodised purple DCD on it, I'll be satisfied.
Post edited at 13:22
In reply to Phil79:

Is there any point what with Shadow+?
 Phil79 09 May 2014

> Is there any point what with Shadow+?

Absolutely none. But then they were awful anyway. but that's beside the point!

Just out of curiosity I weighed the bike to see how it'd stack up against a modern bike, was only 10.5kg so not as bad as I'd feared!

The fork was surprisingly bad though, 1.5kg for a rigid fork is a lot more than I thought it'd be :-P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...