UKC

Los Mallos de Riglos - June temperatures

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climber_Bill 09 May 2014
Hi,

Has anybody climbed at Los Mallos de Riglos in June? Would like to head out there in early June but concerned that it may be too hot.

Thanks for any info.

Rich.
 andyinglis 09 May 2014
In reply to Richard White:

Having climbed there in late August I doubt it will be too hot (we had day time highs of 36-37degeC), but you might want to get up early. There are also many towers and faces which between them face almost 360degrees, so you should be able to find a 200-300m route out of the sun.

Andy
OP Climber_Bill 09 May 2014
In reply to andyinglis:

Thanks Andy, that's really useful.

The goal is Fiesta de los Biceps so hopefully it won't be desperately hot.

Rich.
 jon 09 May 2014

I climbed both Fiesta and Zulu in mid June a few years ago and the temperatures were fine. Of course I can't say if that's usual.
 andyinglis 09 May 2014
In reply to Richard White: Fiesta faces roughly south I'd guess, so best to just get up early (and run 1st 2 pitches together!). Once your above the crux pitch, I would think that the upper pitches would be fine in the sun/heat (superbly juggy).... I don't remember having issues although topped out at sometime between 11 and 11.30am I would guess.

In reply to jon:

Thanks Jon. Just have to give it a go and cope with what we get.

Cheers.
In reply to andyinglis:

Good idea. We can start in the dark, string the first 2 pitches together and be on the crux pitch at first light. Hopefully ok after that in the sun.

Thanks.
jaygimmer 09 May 2014

you'll probably work up a sweat on the crux though.
 jon 09 May 2014

You know, I have this recollection that in June the sun is so high in the sky that the overhanging nature of the Visera upper wall shades the route. Bear in mind this is a recollection only as I can't find my old photos. Looking at your profile however, you have a pretty good margin so I can't imagine you'd have much trouble.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...