UKC

Fort William / Glen Nevis Taxi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
drmarten 15 May 2014
Anyone know of a 24hr taxi service in Fort William - or likelihood of taxi's sitting in Fort William train station rank at around 6am?
I'm planning to leave a car in the area and get a taxi to the start of a hillwalk returning to the car but need an early start without going up the night before.
I'm a bit wary of organising a taxi the night before as I'm over 3 hours away and with the best of intentions someone (me or the taxi) is going to be waiting if I book in advance.
Jim C 15 May 2014
In reply to drmarten:

> Anyone know of a 24hr taxi service in Fort William - or likelihood of taxi's sitting in Fort William train station rank at around 6am?

> I'm planning to leave a car in the area and get a taxi to the start of a hillwalk returning to the car but need an early start without going up the night before.

> I'm a bit wary of organising a taxi the night before as I'm over 3 hours away and with the best of intentions someone (me or the taxi) is going to be waiting if I book in advance.

First of many on google of "Fort william taxi firms"

http://www.lochabertaxis.com/
 Cuthbert 15 May 2014
In reply to drmarten:

> Anyone know of a 24hr taxi service in Fort William - or likelihood of taxi's sitting in Fort William train station rank at around 6am?

Zero but walk through the underpass, past Nevisport and outside the Tesco there is a rank.
drmarten 15 May 2014
In reply to Jim C/Saor Alba.

Thanks Jim, I did google and had a list of numbers - I suppose I was after recommendations from people who'd done similar.
Saor - I have seen that rank but forgot about it so I'll add that to my list of possibilites.
I was intending to go up and over Aonach Mor/Beag in the next couple of days but the forecast wind has put me off, I'll do something further south and leave the Aonachs until next time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...