UKC

old 700c Front wheel -Bristol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 21 May 2014
Hack bike Build Coming together...

Trued Front wheel, only to find its got an untrueable rim ding.

If anyone in Bristol has an old 700c Front wheel festering in shed, let i Know... quick release or bolt Spindle, as Long as its ally, rust Free Spokes and true. Or a pair be good

Can collect.

Cheers ta
 LastBoyScout 22 May 2014
In reply to Choss:

I've got one you can have, except that it's in Reading.

Ally, rust free, true, reasonably new bearings - rather on the worn side, but will keep you going for a while. Needs a QR.
OP Choss 22 May 2014
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Thanks for offer.

Bit far for me to collect, but i have a reliable friend who Lives in Bracknell and works in Windsor Who visits me every fortnight. Dont Know if we could arrange something through that route?
 LastBoyScout 27 May 2014
In reply to Choss:

Having dug it out over the weekend, the rim is more worn than I remembered - it's actually all-but worn off the wear marks on one side and the other side isn't much better, so the best place for it is probably the bin.
Nick Barnard 27 May 2014
In reply to Choss:

Hi,

Might have one you can have in Easton. I'll dig it out of the garage and have a look - drop me an email and I'll get back to you with details

Nick
 Timmd 27 May 2014
In reply to Choss:

Could you remove the ding with an adjustable spanner?
OP Choss 27 May 2014
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> Having dug it out over the weekend, the rim is more worn than I remembered - it's actually all-but worn off the wear marks on one side and the other side isn't much better, so the best place for it is probably the bin.

No worries, thanks for looking bud
OP Choss 27 May 2014
In reply to Nick Barnard:

Thanks Nick, will PM you.
OP Choss 27 May 2014
In reply to Timmd:

> Could you remove the ding with an adjustable spanner?

Afraid not, its not a sideways ding, its Like the wheel has rammed a kerb Straight on, if you Know what i Mean.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...