UKC

Malham. Is it worth taking our gear.?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Evening all. We're in Malham tomorrow for a family day out. We all climb, some better than others but all for fun. We've done some easy trad and sport and practise on plastic. Done some research on Malham an had a quick look a ffew months ago. It all reads to be a bit challenging. Is it worth taking our gear along? Looking for D VD 5-6. Is there any fun climbs at easy levels not mentioned in the guides please ? Vin.
 Alpenglow 25 May 2014
In reply to Banana Cockroach:

The sport routes on the main walls are all pretty hard (in the 7/8 range mostly). There are a few 6's and maybe a grade F5 but I'm not sure.
There is trad on the wings but I'm not sure of the difficulty. I'm sure there will be something around Diff/VDiff.
 pacman 25 May 2014

There's a bit of easier (but not very exciting) sport just north of the Cove, Leeds Wall website with probably have downloadable topo.

No easy sport on the cove.

There are a few low grade trad routes on the L wing but they're only short and I've never heard anything good about them.

Personally I'd leave the gear behind, pack a light sack with a nice lunch and enjoy a walk instead.
 victorclimber 25 May 2014

I agree with the walking bit not much easy family stuff at Malham,and looks like being wet

Thanks everyone. Split the difference in the end. The weather turned out to be gorgeous. We had a lovely walk and cracking picnic. Took a minimal sport rack also and did the 6a up by the gate on the right hand side. Nice rock, great day. Probably head for Giggleswick next. Thanks again. Vin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...