UKC

Mobile for the outdoors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joedt 29 May 2014
Hi all,

My phone contract is going to run out soon so I am looking at options for a new phone. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good phone for outdoor use, i.e. waterproof, long battery life, gps?

Thanks.
 Anoetic 29 May 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

Try the new sony
Removed User 29 May 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

Samsung XCover 271. Matches all of the criteria listed above
 david100 29 May 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:
I have a Samsung b2710. Waterproof,dust proof,big buttons,tough. Good option if you want a phone purely for outdoor use and you don't need GPS.
m0unt41n 29 May 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Samsung S5 Active meant to be for release next month.
In reply to madtoclimb:

Decathlon have started doing a ruggedised mountain phone:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/quechuaphone-5-id_8294081.html
 whenry 29 May 2014
In reply to madtoclimb: The new Sony is pretty good, though I've got a Nokia Lumia 920 (Windows phone) which is pretty bomber - I've dropped it loads and not a mark on it. Standard battery life, but the maps/ GPS is top notch.
 Martin W 29 May 2014
In reply to david100:

> I have a Samsung b2710. Waterproof,dust proof,big buttons,tough. Good option if you want a phone purely for outdoor use and you don't need GPS.

The GT-B2710 does have GPS.
 girlymonkey 29 May 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

Samsung solid extreme. You won't get it on contact I don't think,but cheap to buy and get sim only contract. Mine is well into its 4th hear and battery still lasts a week!
 xoran 29 May 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

I've got a life proof case for my iPhone 4. I got the phone free with my contract so I didn't mind spending the 60quid or whatever it is for the case. The case isn't as tough as some but neither is it particularly bulky so it's comfy to just leave on the phone all the time. I drop my phone regularly and will just have it in a pocket when running so it's been soaked through a few times. No issues whatsoever.
I know you asked for phone recommendations but that could be an option? Given they do them for a range of smart phones...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...