UKC

Fontainebleau - circuits for kids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Enty 04 Jun 2014
I promised Little Ent I'd take her to Font.
Well we've got a few days off coming up so I was wondering were the best kid's circuits are?
I've heard there's some white circuits specifically for kids and some scrambling circuits where you try not to touch the ground? she'd love this.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

E
 Doug 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

Don't know about 'best' but there's one at Rocher Canon which is close to the car park & has several other circuits of all grades for the grownups
 Ava Adore 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

Canche aux mercier has white circuit for kids - and some lovely routes all round
astley007 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Ava Adore:

second that..team jr had fun there many yrs ago...now team jr is burning team senior off...wish had never taken him!!!
and diplodicus is great fun...sandy and sunny/shady..with lots to do there..crawl throughs etc, great as family venue and easy walk in!!
wish I hadnt taken him there as well!!
OP Enty 04 Jun 2014
In reply to all:
Brilliant. Just the stuff I'm looking for. More please.

E

edit - best guidebook with kids stuff in?
Post edited at 15:47
 Rampikino 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

Bear with me Enty, I will be back home later and I have a guide with a lot of this in with good info on kids routes. I will have a look and post later.

(Note to self...)
OP Enty 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

cool!

E
 Mick r 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

how old is little Ent? took my 10 and 12 yr old kids to L'Elephant which has a kids circuit, and they tore up the yellow circuit their as well
OP Enty 04 Jun 2014
 Rampikino 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

Dug out my books and I have 3.

The clearest is Fontainebleau Fun Bloc by Jingo Wobbly. 17 kids circuits listed and others referenced.

Not all the maps don't give climb by climb details but are clear enough to get a good idea of where they are and what's involved. Some ARE listed climb by climb though.

One area that was an absolute diddle to get to was Beauvais Nainville - circuits 60 seconds off the road and lots of parking.

Hope this helps.

M
 jcw 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty: there are white beginners circuits all over the place (also interesting for the aged). Elephant, one from the Cimitiere parking 100 m on the right, one near Barbizon, Canche aux Merciers, one near Barbizon etc etc.

lazzaw 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

I've been to Beauvais Nainville a couple of times with my kids. Looking at the Jingo Wobbly book it seemed to offer the best combination of kids stuff and harder stuff right next door to each other. Other places (from memory) had kids stuff close to harder circuits but not in exactly the same place.
OP Enty 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

Cheers everyone. Had a look at the JW guide and ordered it.

E
 Carolyn 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

At 8, she should be able to give any of the kiddy circuits a good go. Some are taller/more exposed/need more reach than others, but that's been more of an issue when they're 3 or 4. She might manage some of the yellow problems, too.

Can't remember many of the names off the top of my head, but the one near the Elephant is good (starts at the bottom of the boardwalk and heads round to the left, past the Elephant itself) though marking is a bit faint. The one at Canche aux Merciers is good too.

Out on the NW edge of the climbing area there's (I think) Rocher du Duc, which has a good white at each of the car parks.
 benghull 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

+1 For Jingo Wobbly Fun Bloc, we've just come back from a week there with our 3 (10/7/5) and the 10/7 yo managed some of the yellow circuits with starting holds being the only real stumbling blocks for the 7 yo. Rocher Canon is good (has the benefit of the base d'loisirs as well which is free and most enjoyable on a hot day) along with L'elephant (the white circuit leads you to the L'elephant proper) we also climbed at Buthiers (no white circuit but enough "easy" orange/yellow mixed in to keep them happy while you can still climb) Canche aux mercier loads of problems, and St Germain. All short distances from Font (except Buthiers but even thats only 30 min)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...