UKC

Outer Hebrides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex the Alex 06 Jun 2014
Planning on cycling the outer hebrides in two weeks time(weather permitting), and was going to take my rock shoes just to get a taste of gneiss. Are there are any particularly good areas to do a bit of easy bouldering or some easy slabs to solo in an evening? Sand/beach bouldering would be ideal, and i might even consider some DWS if there are any good locations?

Many Thanks, Alex
OP Alex the Alex 16 Jun 2014
In reply to Alex the Alex:

Headed up this weekend now. Il be taking the Book of Latter, but was looking more for smaller crags to play around on and enjoy the gnice gneiss. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers, Alex
 Colin Moody 16 Jun 2014

There are some short easy routes just north of Borve on the west side of Barra, can be seen from the road.
 Sherlock 17 Jun 2014

Aird Mighe a few miles south of Tarbert has good bouldering,not beach but flat grassy landings as I presume you won't be carrying a pad
There is a topo still on the defunct ScottishClimbs.com site.
Between Tarbert and Lewis is the Clisham pass which has acres of stuff clearly visible from the road.HTH.
 mattrm 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Sherlock:

I'll second the Clisham pass, I had a great afternoon there last year, lots of unrecorded problems, I found plenty of easy stuff to keep me occupied.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...