UKC

Sealskinz customer service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mrconners 10 Jun 2014
Anyone dealt with sealskinz customer services. I sent back a leaking pair of socks and the whole process was amateurish to say the least. Buck passing, desperately trying to avoid any responsibility for supplying faulty goods and generally rude.

I did eventually receive a replacement but only after hassling them for 2 weeks. The issue is there doesn't seem to be an alternative to their pretty shoddy product.
J1234 10 Jun 2014
In reply to mrconners:

Why did you send something back to Sealskinz, why did your retailer not do this for you?
OP mrconners 10 Jun 2014
In reply to SCrossley:

They were bought as a present at xmas and the family member did not have a receipt. I sent them back expecting a reasonable reply i.e. never mind we will test them and if they are faulty send you some new ones but they just kept trying to pass the buck onto the retailer.
Goods were not fit for purpose, they should be replaced. Not take 3 weeks with various attempts to pass the buck, get me to back off due to a lack of receipt etc etc.
I sent a faulty myo xp headtorch back to Lyon equipment that was 2 years old (no receipt) and got a new one two days later. My wife had a goretex mountain equipment jacket fail (faulty goretex) . It was £220 and she received a new one in a week.
Sealskinz sell sh*te , baggy, leaking £30 socks and try every trick in the book to avoid responsibility.
Useless
J1234 10 Jun 2014
In reply to mrconners:

Well it is up to the retailer, and the receipt helps see how long you have had them, no idea how long an active piece of kit like a pair of socks should last but they may think you have had them for years.
Lyons service is exemplary but Sealskinz are acting within the law and not unreasonably, have you tried the retailer, possibly your relative paid with a debit/credit card, it`s only reasonable proof of purchase you need. Statement showing £30 paid to XYZ Ltd on 30th Nov 2013 should suffice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...