UKC

Tominsek Route - Triglav

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
phil27uk 11 Jun 2014
Apologies if this is in the wrong section as it's strictly not Alpine! Just wondered if anyone has done this route. I read it is equipped with Via Ferrata in sections and was wondering what the exposure is like? I have done Grade 1 scrambles in the UK but nothing higher yet and wouldn't want to get onto the exposed sections and have a nerve failure and have to retreat the way I came (we will probably be taking / hiring VF gear in case). Any info would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Phil
 JohnnyW 11 Jun 2014
In reply to phil27uk:

My pal was on the Prag route last week, and had a bit of a problem with the snow conditions. When you looking at going?
phil27uk 11 Jun 2014
In reply to phil27uk:

Go on 12 July and out there till 21 July, I have heard there has been a lit of snow but hoping it will have melted a bit by then!
 Joak 11 Jun 2014
In reply to phil27uk:

I've used it in ascent and descent a couple of times, once with my then young son, much prefer it to the Prag route. The Julian Alps feel pretty exposed but if you carry Via Ferrata kit all the steep bits are equipped with cables which you can easily clip in the event of an onset of the colly wobles. Once had a wee awkward bit of old snow in a gully bed to negotiate otherwise very straight forward. Enjoy
redsonja 11 Jun 2014
In reply to phil27uk:

Tominsek is fantastic. There is a via ferrata most of the way. Definitely take via ferrata kit. Its pretty exposed, more than the prag route, but is better and quieter I think

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...