UKC

Tasch Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Coops_13 14 Jun 2014
I'm off to do some Alpine climbing this summer and was wondering about the logistics of leaving a car in Tasch. I know of the multi-storey car-park that costs a bomb.

Does anyone know of any cheaper (or free) places to leave the car for a couple of nights when we go up in the mountains/to Zermatt?

Thanks
 Kelcat 14 Jun 2014
In reply to Ross.Cooper:

When I've parked there you can just park about a mile before the station in a huge signed car park. It was full of coaches and drivers so felt quite safe to leave the van.
OP Coops_13 14 Jun 2014
In reply to Kelcat:

Do you remember how much that cost? cheers
 Kelcat 14 Jun 2014
In reply to Ross.Cooper:

It was free. Trust me, they're going to get the money out of you for the train and the lift!
OP Coops_13 14 Jun 2014
In reply to Kelcat:

Haha sweet, cheers
 jon 14 Jun 2014
In reply to Ross.Cooper:

If you park in the coach car park it might just cost you more than you bargained for! The best parking set ups are on the left before you get to the municipal multistorey one. The one I've always used is Schaller. Their deal is that if you take their taxi up to Zermatt then the parking is free - even if you're there for a week. Their taxi is cheaper than the train by a few francs but sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for it to fill up. Ditto for coming back down. They are a bit cowboyish but they're cheap.
 glaramara 17 Jun 2014
In reply to jon:

Has anybody actually walked from Tasch to Zermatt? How long did it take?Doesn't seem that far...
 MG 17 Jun 2014
In reply to glaramara:

It's not. 30-40mins?
 jon 17 Jun 2014
In reply to MG:

Hilary says it's about an hour and a half.
 MG 17 Jun 2014
In reply to jon:

She s probably right then. I was going downhill.
 Kelcat 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Ross.Cooper:

Yep we walk & its 30mins max
aultguish 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Kelcat:

Thank god for that as I need to make multiple journeys.....I'm assured by my climbing partner that the sheer amount of booze that we shall be purchasing in France can neither fit in a taxi nor carried between 2 on one journey :-/
 glaramara 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Kelcat:

Good news, especially since I was told those zermatt fascists won't accept the saas card. They would charge for the views if they could.
 jon 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Kelcat:

> Yep we walk & its 30mins max

I wish I could walk 5km plus 200m ascent carrying a sac in 30mins!

Kelcat 18 Jun 2014
In reply to jon:

Perhaps that's why knees are buggered,lol.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...