Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Trekking poles

Tom F Harding on 19 Jun 2014
I'm after a pair of multi-purpose trekking poles for long walk ins (both summer and winter) and alpine use. I want them to be the 'z-fold' way of packing up so they can be stashed inside a rucksack. Not bothered about having length adjustment but decent snow baskets are essential. Can anyone offer me some good recommendations.

I've been looking at;

BD - Ultra Mountain Carbon. Very expensive but if they are strong enough to last years I could be persuaded to go this high.

BD - Ultra Mountain FL. Aluminium versions of the above but with length adjustments. They seem like they will be bomber but maybe a bit on the heavy side.

The ski pole versions of the above. Basically the same pole with a different handle and bigger baskets but 20 cheaper.

Leki - Micro Titanium. Seems pretty good and very light. Would need to buy decent snow baskets though.
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums