UKC

Rugby - Mountain Country

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi there, off to work in Rugby for six weeks with only the odd day off.

What can be done, have a car and can travel a little. Any recomends on local walls, bouldering.

I know the internet exists but local knowledge is always better!

Thanks
 Hat Dude 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Pepper:

Hi Pepper

I'm in the Rugby Mountaineering Club

http://www.rugbymc.org/
http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/info.php?id=1236

A few of us get over to the Bear Rock wall on Tuesday evenings and get out to the peak for the odd day as well as the regular meets list, you're welcome to come along

We meet up at the Seven Stars on Thursday evenings from about 9:30 onwards.

Afraid there's not really anything around Rugby; there is a small wall in the new sports centre but I don't know what it's like. Nearest bouldering is probably Slawston Bridge or the Leicestershire crags
In reply to Hat Dude:

Cool, thanks for the info.

Ill give you guys a shout when I know I am free, working in a summer school so no day off is confirmed until the last minute!
 MikeSP 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Pepper:
There is a very small climbing wall in the sports centre. It doesn't look that inspiring.
Bear rock is all right but I prefer Redpoint in Birmingham, it is a bit further away but it is all motorway so takes about as long (depending on where you are in Rugby).
If you are looking for a bouldering centre try The Climbing Station in Loughborough.

Outside your best bet is Leicester area see:
www.leicestershireclimbs.co.uk/ or www.leicesterclimbs.f9.co.uk/
Post edited at 16:24
In reply to dapoy:

thanks for that, I'll look into them. Seen the sports centre and likewise was uninspired which was why I posted fro local knowledge. That and they want £15 safety test paid first.
 mary 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Pepper:

Pinnacle in Northampton is a good wall just over 30 mins from Rugby. Loughborough Climbing Station is great too.

M

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...