UKC

Campsites and bouldering in the Vendee ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lummox 10 Jul 2014
Probably a long shot but...I wonder if there's any bouldering in the Vendee region ?

Any campsite recommendations in the area very welcome !

Ta v much
 Tom Valentine 10 Jul 2014
In reply to lummox:

There is a bouldering "circuit" next to the river in Mortagne but I haven't been there.
There is a crappy little 10 m bolted crag in Apremont but even the Chateau is more interesting.
I stay with friends near Le Poire sur Vie, and one of the featured and much hyped up randonees features the Pierre des Farfadets. It's a granite boulder in an admittedly odd situation in terms of its isolation but to read up on it you would think it was the size of a double decker. It is so small that on any Derbyshire crag you would vault up onto it to eat your butties.
Much as I like the Vendee, TBH it's a climbing desert (as you suspected, I suspect)
Better off hitting the beaches, picking mussels off the Passage du Goix or tracking down a shop that sells coypu pate
If you have kids, the Chateau du Puy du Fou will probably give them the most memorable day they have ever had in France.
OP lummox 11 Jul 2014
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Thanks for that Tom- I expected it to be the E Anglia of France in climbing terms : ). Font on the way down it is then..
 aln 11 Jul 2014
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> There is a bouldering "circuit" next to the river in Mortagne but I haven't been there.

> If you have kids, the Chateau du Puy du Fou will probably give them the most memorable day they have ever had in France.

Not just for kids. We've been a few times on family holidays and me and the missus enjoy it as much as the weans.

aln 11 Jul 2014
In reply to lummox:

There's a few outcrops on the coast S of St. Jean De Mont. There's a sea arch with a bit of a crag, maybe 10 metres high that might be worth a look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...