UKC

recommend me a tent, please.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john morrissey 10 Jul 2014
My Mountain hardware sky view 3 is getting on now and I am looking to replace it.

I want a tent for the UK pref 3 man so I have plenty of room and a budget of £400. I want it to be OK for year round use but realisticly 3 season.

Any ideas experiences?
 Peakpdr 10 Jul 2014
In reply to john morrissey:

I have the Marmot Widi 3p, Plenty of room, great tent. Has stood up to some really nasty weather.

In reply to pauldr:

Will check it out, cheers
In reply to pauldr:

Hmmm, not available in the UK
 Denni 10 Jul 2014

North Face VE25?
 Philip 10 Jul 2014
Is the Terra Nova Super Quasar no longer the de facto standard in tents?
 Peakpdr 10 Jul 2014
> Hmmm, not available in the UK

Hmmmm are you sure ? I got mine from the uk, there are loads available at good prices if you just have a good mooch around on Google

http://www.trekkinn.com/outdoor-mountain/marmot-widi-3p-dark-cedar-hatch/20...
Post edited at 23:04
 Morgan Woods 10 Jul 2014

the msr mutha hubba looks good:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4XZag32L58&

not sure about uk price.
In reply to pauldr:

Cool, when I searched i found links to comapanies that were out of stock in the UK.
 simon1985 12 Jul 2014

Alpkit Zhota - amazing. I've done 60 nights ish in it and it's amazing. On sale for 350 at the moment.
 dunnyg 12 Jul 2014
In reply to simon1985:

Out of interest what sort of stuff did you use the Zhota for? Did you carry it far/live in it for long periods of time?

cheers
 Siward 12 Jul 2014

Terra nova hyperspace is the 3 man version of the quasar. £720 odd list price though! Nearly new on ebay and similar always a good bet.

Cheaper- have a look at some of the Force 10 range?

simon1985 12 Jul 2014

To be honest we mainly use it for car camping. However, three people can carry it no problem and it would easily fit 4. It has stood up to all manner of wind, rain and snow without any issues, it literally just doesn't move in wind. The reason we got it is because we wanted something bigger than our marmot grid for extended trips but didn't fancy a big family tent/windbreaker. I was a little sceptical and it took us a long time to take the plunge as there weren't many reviews online at the time. Compared to the other stuff I was looking at at a similar size ( ve25, hyperspace, trango, hilleberg ect) it is loads cheaper. We paid 450 and I still think it was a bargain. I'd have no hesitation in living in it for extended periods or carrying it between 3. it has wicked storage pockets and the vestibules are perfect for cooking in and you can stand up in it to put trousers on. I honestly can't fault it in any way.
 simon1985 12 Jul 2014

Have a look at the wickiup 3/ shangri la 3 I've always quite fancied one:

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/tents-shelters-c25/thre...
 dunnyg 13 Jul 2014
In reply to simon1985:

Thanks for the information, much appreciated!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...