UKC

First off

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
So a friend of mine said there are two types of cyclists, those whom have fallen off and those who are yet to fall off. I scoffed.

After my purchase a month ago, out on a solo early bird 50 miler. Cruising lovely for ages, completely in the zone, reaching a junction, completely forgot i was clipped in, fell like a sack of spuds; bevvy of lovelies in the car behind me, cackling like joyous witches.

Bike unharmed, leg painful, pride irreparable.

balmybaldwin 12 Jul 2014
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Ha. a clip in special... they never seem to happen if people aren't watching!
Rigid Raider 12 Jul 2014

20 years of mountain biking, much of that at night, tells me that once you've fallen you will probably fall a couple more times soon after - as poor old Froomey did.

I have yet to fall off the roadie after 5 years and hope my success in avoiding a skinned arse is down to the handling skills I learned while falling off mountain bikes. The road lore is down to 12 years on touring motorbikes riding in anything including snow.
 yeti 12 Jul 2014

only done it twice

30 years ago ...
 PPP 12 Jul 2014

Fell of the bike at least twice this year. I'm just too clumsy to cycle.
 wilkesley 12 Jul 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Met a truck carrying telegraph poles on a blind bend (single track road) on a steep hill yesterday. I was going up and he stopped a couple of feet away. I couldn't unclip and veered into the hedge. Much loss of dignity, but we all had a good laugh.
 Andrew W 12 Jul 2014

I've crashed twice this year so far both from not unclipping in time and had 2 other close calls one when a person I was riding with went into my rear wheel and another when I had a front wheel blowout half way down alpe d'huez which I just managed to hold.
 buzby 12 Jul 2014
In reply to Andrew W:

came off a cracker 30 odd years ago while riding a fixed wheel down a steep hill, the front and only brake started juddering so what did I do, yep braked hard and it came right off and jammed into the front wheel.
head over tits and skidded for what seemed forever. my first only only real bad one which lost a lot of skin and gave me a concussion, no helmets in those days.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...