UKC

Ski Gear Clear-out --- Huge Reductions!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Tiernan 21 Jul 2014
premier post photo
Selling my whole quiver of skis, boots and bindings as I'm planning a season in New Zealand, so I'm going to go for the one ski quiver approach. Both skis have been fully serviced (grinded, edged and storage wax applied) prior to hanging them up at the end of spring. I live in Fort William, but regularly travel to Glasgow and to the Midlands from time to time, so we could arrange something out in terms of collection. If you have any questions, then let me know. Cheers

Photos of Skis, Boots & Bindings;
http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/Tiernan2/library/Ski%20Gear%20Clearance%2...

K2 BackUp 174cm Skis with pre-cut K2 Skins - £150 NO BINDINGS INCLUDED

Sidecut: 124/81/105mm
I purchased these skis last year at the start of the 13/14 season as my backcountry specific skis & they have not in any way disappointed. The metal laminate within the ski keep the ski nice and stiff whist the cap construction keeps the weight down – these two attributes have made this ski a fantastic Scottish gully skiing ski that I have skied all the Nevis Grade 1 gullies on, also Aladdin’s Couloir and many multi Munro day tours.
The skis have been mounted (with Quiver Killer Inserts) for a 324mm BSL Dynafit TLT Speed Vertical, but I won’t be selling these skis with the bindings – they will be easily drilled around the pre-existing holes (only drilled once) or you could also pop your own Dynafit bindings on (most tech bindings follow the same screw template) and if your BSL is more or less than 324mm then I’d recommend using a tech binding with some sole length adjustment in it (that most have these days).
The skis also come with some custom K2 skins (RRP £100), pre-cut for the exact model and length of ski which integrates with the ski brilliantly with K2’s skin holes in the tips and tails.

This is what K2 has to say about the BackUp;
“The K2 BackUp Skis are full on backcountry ski mountaineering tools. Metal laminate and a narrower waist width provide phenomenal edge hold and feel for such an ultra-light ski, great for descending refrozen sun-baked slopes. At the same time, the BackUp has Speed Rocker™ and is wide enough to handle variable snow conditions of all kinds making it versatile enough to double as a resort/ telemark ski.
Shape
Progressive Sidecut is a combination of two different radii that enhances the versatility of wider-waist skis. This guarantees improved turn initiation and hard-snow performance.
Rocker Type
Speed Rocker™ - Designed for high performance precision and agility on firm snow. The slightly elevated tip and increased tip length provide effortless initiation and improved skinning ascent, while camber along the rest of the running surface delivers precision, power, and edge-hold.
Construction
Cap Construction is durable, lightweight, and softer, built by a sophisticated molding process that envelopes the core and internal materials with the top layer of the ski.
Tip/Tail Hardware - removable plugs reveal holes that can be used to attach K2 Pre-Cut Skins or build a rescue sled
SnoPhobic tops keeps the ski light with a snow-repellent topsheet
Flex
Paulownia core: Paulownia is an eco-friendly, fast-growing renewable wood that is incredibly strong and lightweight.
Metal TNC Laminate consists of 2 sheets of lightweight Titanal running the length of the ski. Alternating layers of fiberglass and Titanal sandwich the wood core to provide dampened, accurate, and unshakable performance.”

K2 Sidestash 181cm Skis, Large Marker Baron Bindings & G3 Alpinist Skins - £350

Sidecut: 139/108/127mm
Again, I purchased these skis at the beginning of last season and since then, they have been my go to ski for all my resort based Frontside and Sidecountry Skiing, they have even joined me on two descents down Broad Gully in SCNL, giving me massive amounts of confidence with their weight and crud busting shape and construction. The skis also came out with me for a month in Canada skiing in Revelstoke and Whistler, where we had 50cm powder days & these skis in no way disappointed, giving fantastic float in the famous BC powder. The skis have also joined me on a few Munro day tours on days when the conditions have been soft enough to warrant bringing such a heavy ski up compared to my lighter BackUps
The skis come with Marker Barons (Alpine Touring bindings) mounted on them in large (305-365mm BSL), these are brilliant bindings that ski just like an Alpine binding but with the ability to tour on, they also cater for any kind of Alpine & AT ski boot in the market. The bindings are also mounted with Quiver Killer Inserts, meaning the bindings can be removed and mounted within minutes (making it much easier to travel with these skis).

This is what K2 has to say about the SideStash;
Draw-back All-Terrain Rocker™ and a generous waist width combine to create the ultimate, all-around go-getter. The K2 SideStash Skis are the perfect width for on and off-piste, enabling you to still get the best of tight chutes that have been overlooked several days after a storm. Meanwhile, the metal laminate sidewall construction delivers a damp, powerful platform for slicing through the week-old chop in the runout, or laying trenches on the groomers on your way back to the lift.
Shape
All-Terrain Rocker™ - Designed for all snow conditions, featuring an elevated tip for variable and soft snow performance and camber underfoot for power, energy, and edgehold in firmer conditions.
Powder Tip - Pulls the widest point of the tip further down the ski, which retains float in soft snow, and also minimizes deflection in adverse snow conditions.
Construction
Aspen/Paulownia/Maple Core - Aspen is known for its inherent strength and durability, while the Paulownia is eco-friendly and lightweight. Maple adds durability and power.
TNC Metal Laminate Construction - Weight reduction is paramount in the BackSide series. The BackSide specific TNC metal laminate lessens weight while providing an accurate and responsive feel.
Hybritech Sidewall Construction - Built into the wider waisted Side models and combines the accuracy and powerful performance of a sidewall underfoot with the lightweight and smooth turn initiation feeling of a cap.
Sidecut
Progressive Sidecut - A combination of two different radii that enhance the versatility of wider-waist skis guaranteeing improved turn initiation and hard-snow performance
Additional Features
Tip/Tail Hardware - Vastly increases the skis’ utility: By allowing you to build a rescue sled or construct various ski anchors, you can carry less weight while increasing your safety margin. These holes also function as attachment points for K2 Pre-Cut Skins and come with a removable plug.
Skin Clip Arc - The tails are designed with a concave notch to ensure that the skin clip, regardless of size or skin brand, stays securely centered on the tail.
 rugbydick 24 Jul 2014
In reply to Tiernan:

Hi, Have you still got the BackUps? What sort of condition are the bases and edges in?
OP Tiernan 25 Jul 2014
In reply to rugbydick:

Yeah still have the BackUps, only had them for a season and they were my backcountry dedicated setup so both the bases and edges are in great nick. Before I hung them up for summer I gave them a grind, edge and wax - none of the scratches were worth Petexing. Bases have been left with a storage wax for the summer to protect the edges from rust.

Cheers,
Jordan
OP Tiernan 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Tiernan:

K2 BackUps now SOLD

Also for sale;

Patagonia Nano Puff Gilet, Medium, Red
RRP £109.99
OFFER - £50

Patagonia Simple Guide Jacket, Large, Red
RRP £109.99
OFFER - £50

The North Face Kichatna, Gore Tex Pro Bib, Medium, Dark Green
RRP £319.99
OFFER - £120

All garments have been washed with Nikwax Tech Wash and Reproofed. Some have slight scuffs on them, but nothing to worry about, let me know if you have any questions about them at all.

Cheers,
Jordan
 goose299 03 Aug 2014
In reply to Tiernan:
yhm
 joe hallam 07 Dec 2014
In reply to Tiernan:

hi there have you still got the sidestashes?

cheers,

joe

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...