UKC

NEW REVIEW: Wild Country Apparel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 24 Jul 2014
Bouldering in the Wild Country Women's Free Tee, 4 kbLooking for some new cragging clothing, but want to stand out at the wall or crag?

Heather Florence and Jonny Baker test out the new apparel from Wild Country, this could be just what you are looking for...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6432

tim carruthers 24 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Nice boulders. Where is it?
 Oogachooga 24 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Cash for labels again. Might as well climb in Ralf Laren imo!

Ive found the hardiest stuff to be the most basic combat trousers, vests ect. For example; my 50 quid Rab softshell trousers (from 70), look like crap after maybe 3 good climbing days in them. Ragatta charity shop 2 pound specials are still going strong haha!
 Mr Lopez 24 Jul 2014
In reply to tim carruthers:

Snell's field in Cham
 tim carruthers 24 Jul 2014
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Doh! Cheers.
In reply to Mr Lopez:
> Snell's field in Cham

Brings back hapy memories of climbing in Cham in the late 70's & early 80's camping on the footy pitch opposite Snell's Field. Good bouldering.

Morgan Woods 24 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Some ok stuff but whatever happened to the old logo t-shirts?
 foxjerk 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Oogachooga:

i'm with you on this. labels don't make you climb harder and tech gear is rarely needed except in the harshest conditions. my mate does swear by diamond gussets though, but i think he just hangs low!
 Hamfunk 25 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Thought i recognised that boulder, it's only the bloody Pierre d'Orthaz in Chamonix!
 simes303 28 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

£65 for some trousers? £30 for a Tshirt? Jesus, who buys this stuff? Unbelievable.
 BnB 28 Jul 2014
In reply to simes303:

> £65 for some trousers? £30 for a Tshirt? Jesus, who buys this stuff? Unbelievable.

I don't follow? Where do you shop? Those are perfectly normal high street prices for a bog standard multi-outlet retailer like Fat Face. I'm frankly surprised there's no premium for the technical label
 TobyA 28 Jul 2014
In reply to BnB:

I don't think I've ever paid much more than a tenner for a t-shirt - obviously its easy to find them that cost much more but it's hardly difficult to never spend much more than a fiver on t-shirts.

Nevertheless this "who buys this stuff?" question always comes up here which I find odd. The answer is clearly people with more disposable income than the questioner (or me)! I just bought a bottle of single Islay malt (Tesco own-brand admittedly, but jolly nice it is too). Some people are quite happy with own-brand blended and think spending that much more is silly, but for me it's worth it.
 BnB 29 Jul 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Yes, you can still easily get a tee shirt for under a tenner at Zara or H&M, but for a branded item, with "technical" cachet in a high Street outlet, £30 is the going rate. We're all getting old. What costs £30 today was a third of that before my kids came along.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...