UKC

Gas cannisters in Iceland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 04 Aug 2014

Will I be able to buy gas cannisters for aJetboil stove in Iceland (the country not the down market supermaket)? I expect that if I can they'll cost about the same as building a power station in this country!
Post edited at 13:51
 toad 04 Aug 2014
In reply to Tyler:
screw in ones? No problem - often sold in garages etc - especially away from main towns

You'll often find half empty ones abandoned at hostels near the airport
Post edited at 14:02
Ste Brom 04 Aug 2014
In reply to Tyler:

> Will I be able to buy gas cannisters for aJetboil stove in Iceland (the country not the down market supermaket)?

I shop at farmfoods. Its upmarket.

Lil_Pete 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Tyler:

Where were you picking them up Toad? I ended up buying a MSR Universal stove to burn petrol and paraffin after not being able to find screw canisters the last time I was in Snaefellsness. Been back a couple of times and always found them illusive!
 stuartcoupe 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Lil_Pete:

got some here two weeks ago. they had three different brands to fit a jet boil!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Reykjavik,+Iceland/@64.146112,-21.93123...

i think they were about the same price as in the UK give or take.

they were on sale at most petrol stations and the small shops at the road heads we visited. they are more available there than in the uk!

easy to find half used ones at the reykjavik camp site too
 David55 05 Aug 2014
In reply to stuartcoupe: I got back from Iceland on Thursday. Bought a canister at the Reykjavik camp site, they had a variety of sizes and both main types of fitting. I also picked up a free canister from the free stuff shelf and it did a couple meals.
The campsite at Hvolsvollur has an indoor cooking room with hobs you can use.
 toad 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Lil_Pete: Bought at the garage near skaftafell and a DIY shop somewhere back towards Rekjavik. Went up to Snaefellsness, but didn't need to buy there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...