UKC

Kungsleden - advice on Boats section near Jakkvikk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stockholm Syndrome (USA) 05 Aug 2014
Hi There,

I am walkinging the section of Kvikkjokk to Ammarnas in 6 days starting Saturday.

I have sorted the boat from Kvikkjokk across the first lake to start of the trail, then across Riebnes - its been reasonably easy to get in touch with people to organise by e-mail.

But once I have crossed Riebnes and hiked over the hill to Saudal i believe this boat does not run anymore and it is neccessary to hike to Jakkvikk.

I can see a trail on my map but can this be hiked the whole way? or do I need to use a rowing boat at some point on that section?

I really hope I can just kike straight into Jakkvikk.

If anyone has done it (in the last couple of years) and can help me out with a confirmation that would be amazing !

I will be there in a few days - wow! getting a bit nervous now!

Thanks,

Chris
UK
 Peter Leeming 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Stockholm Syndrome (USA):

Hi

My son did the whole hike last year. I'm not familiar with the places you mention, and he is away at the moment so I can't ask him. I can say that out of six lake crossings he managed to cross three in motor launches (local owners) which were a little pricey but worth it. The other three he crossed by rowing boat. You probably already know this, but the system is that if there are two boats on the side you need to cross from, just row across in one. That's the easy bit. If there is only one boat on yoir side, you have to row across, tow one boat back, then re-cross. Does that make sense?!

Just hope it isn't too windy when you have to row.

Have a good trip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...