UKC

Somewhere dry 7th-11th august uk/Europe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 05 Aug 2014

I've booked off Thursday till Monday for a 5 day trip. Originally the plan was to go to sennen and do 5 days camping/climbing but the weather is looking like a washout.

Does anyone know a location roughly 12 hours drivin max which is a safe bet for climbing...or if it does totally crap out. At least a beautiful spot to be

The verdon? North wales? Frankenjura? Other smaller, worthwhile but lesser known European areas?

Totally open to suggestions!!

(Also which weather forecast is best yr.no?
Post edited at 16:51
mike1979 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Kemics:
Elbtal
PS i wanted to edit to add a link but couldn't. If you google "decin climbing" you'll find an englisch article about the area.
Post edited at 20:36
OP Kemics 06 Aug 2014
In reply to mike1979:

Wow it does look spectacular. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to rain there too. However, I think I'm going to try and take another trip there later in the year. Looks wild!
mike1979 06 Aug 2014
In reply to Kemics:
It really is as good as it looks. If you like the idea of sandstone then you could also consider the pfalz. Forecast looks good and it's not as long a drive from England...
OP Kemics 06 Aug 2014
In reply to mike1979:

isn't there a big low front coming in over the weekend? Definitely fits the bill distance wise. I'd be really keen to visit germany too as it gives me an excuse to practice speaking German.

THough is this the place with no gear and only crazy knotted slings?
mike1979 07 Aug 2014
In reply to Kemics:
Forecast looks good on the (fairly reliable) site I checked. There are some bolts and you can also protect using normal trad gear. Just over the French border (30 min drive from there) there is also a good amount of pure sport climbing on the same hard sandstone...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...