UKC

Ride London Prudential 86

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Brass Nipples 10 Aug 2014
Shame they designed a course that isn't safe enough to ride in a bit of rain with the volume of riders they have. Bet many as disappointed they are not going to ride the full distance.
 andy 10 Aug 2014
In reply to Orgsm:

Yep - i guess the problem would be descents - mind it was biblical out there!
 balmybaldwin 10 Aug 2014
In reply to andy:

I cant recall any nasty corners etc on the descents, and I suspect it is more todo with people being slower in these conditions and the chance of being caught by the pro race. Having said that, the 86 mile route has always been there with riders forced to take it if they didn't get past that point before a certain time.
 andy 10 Aug 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Chap we were talking to said there's loads of gravel on the descents - we assumed because there'll be lots of inexperienced cyclists (and crap descenders like me) they would be dodgy. There still seemed to be plenty of people managing to fall off anyway.

Like you say, they always have the option to cut it short - as it was we were finished at about 10:30. At which point the bloody household cavalry trotted up the road that everyone was collecting their bags etc on so hundreds of freezing cyclists had to haul their bikes and stuff over the barriers. You'd have thought for one day they could go a different way
 balmybaldwin 10 Aug 2014
In reply to andy:

Well done.

Looking at the pics of the pro race, there's an awful lot of standing water around
 abr1966 10 Aug 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:
This ia a great race.....fingers crossed for Swift or Blythe..
 abr1966 10 Aug 2014
In reply to Orgsm:

Blythe wins....a great race all round...
OP Brass Nipples 10 Aug 2014
In reply to abr1966:

> Blythe wins....a great race all round...

Great bit of racing and they got the best weather by far

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...