UKC

Ribblesdale Wild Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex the Alex 13 Aug 2014
Hi all,

Hoping to do our own mini Tour de Yorkshire this weekend and will be spending saturday night somewhere around Horton-Ribblesdale. I was wondering if anyone new of any good spots for a bivvy/small camp up that way?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers, Aex.
 goose299 13 Aug 2014
In reply to Alex the Alex:
Try the Station Inn. Camping out the back of the pub. Good ale too

http://www.thestationinn.net/camping_caravans.asp
Post edited at 11:34
OP Alex the Alex 13 Aug 2014
In reply to goose2:

Thanks Goose,

That looks like a good option, though hopefully not with those crowds! Any slightly wilder suggestions?
 Bob 13 Aug 2014

I take it you are on road bikes? Not too many options I can think of really as you need to be out of sight of the road to avoid being moved on.

More info please: what bikes are you on? Where have you ridden from that day? How close to facilities, i.e. pub, do you want to be?
 Lankyman 13 Aug 2014
It's not normally as busy as that picture on the link, although Ribblehead junction is a popular parking spot for day-trippers and walkers. The road just north of here is unenclosed and mostly moorland. You should be able to find a dip or hollow close to but out of sight of the road if you are discreet - leave no trace etc. Towards Horton from there it's virtually all enclosed pastureland where you would not be welcome camping.
In reply to Bob:

Yes, i think that may be the case bob. I cant think of many spots close to the road around there, but I dont know the area as well as i should. Im on my LHT, but the others are on more uh lightweight roadbikes. We'll be coming up from Leeds via Gassington hopefully. Not bothered about facilities, I tend to enjoy an extra few miles after an pub stop before pitching camp.

Is there anywhere around Hull Pot?
 Bob 13 Aug 2014

Well Hull pot is out of the way and you are unlikely to be moved on but it's not exactly a smooth track to get up there Also I wouldn't want to camp near there after a session in the pub!!

Coming up via Grassington? Presumably you are either heading over via Halton Gill or possibly Arncliffe Cote? (the latter is quite steep)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...