UKC

Hellerud Bouldering in Oslo City

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyjirvin 15 Aug 2014
I'm visiting family in Olso for a long weekend. I don't know the area too well, but I've seen that there is some bouldering located on the eastern edge of the city in Hellerud.

Has anyone been to Hellerud and have any advice about the approach? I'm staying right in the city centre and will be using public transport.

As I'm mainly there for family reasons I might only have an afternoon of climbing (weather permitting) but I'd be happy enough to walk around and check out the area, if it's worth repeat visits.

Anyone with any experience of this area?
Thanks
Andy
 HeMa 15 Aug 2014
In reply to andyjirvin:

Not been there... but for climbing, have a look at here:
http://27crags.com/areas/75

Mr. Lee 15 Aug 2014
In reply to andyjirvin:

I've only been there once but liked it. I went to the Stalker/Grevling area. It is open enough to catch the afternoon sun so maybe a good bet if showery (which it has been this week). The approach from Tveita t-bane station was pretty easy. Just use the online resources rather than hunting down the guidebook. I would offer to join you but am in Gøteborg this weekend.
OP andyjirvin 15 Aug 2014
In reply to Mr. Lee:

Thanks. Good knowledge. Having looked at the link the HeMa just shared, there seems to be more crags in the area than I realised, such as Filmplaneten.
Are there any other areas close to Oslo that you could recommend for a quick fix??

Thanks HeMa for the link!

Andy
 hillman 16 Aug 2014
In reply to andyjirvin:

There is also this area: http://bouldering.no/c/38/Tokerud/geo.html
 heleno 17 Aug 2014
In reply to andyjirvin:

We went to Hauktjern this summer. We hadn't expected much with it being so close to the centre of Oslo, but both the crag and its surroundings are really nice - more unspoilt than many British national parks, with forests and lakes. It's included in the 27 crags link above.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...