UKC

Welsh 3000s

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Robinson 18 Aug 2014
Hi

Wondered if someone could help me. When attempting the Welsh 3000s, am I right to presume that the time you set is from summiting Snowdon to Summiting Foel Fras at the end? Or is it based on something different?

Dave
In reply to David Robinson:

Normally it's summit to summit but in reality it's however you want to time it. It's not an official race or anything so you makes your own rules.
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

thank you, setting a bit of a target so it would be good to have some degree of comparison.
 rockcatch 18 Aug 2014

My times summit to summit (estimated and actual) can be seen at http://www.walk-snowdonia.co.uk/threes.php if that helps
 The Potato 18 Aug 2014

I do mine in a different way I start from the pen y pass car park and ascend crib goch, so i start the timer from the car park untill I get to the last summit.
altirando 18 Aug 2014

I just set out to have a good day on the hills, didn't keep on checking times on all the peaks. I suggest this is the best way to actually enjoy this superb walk. Still got round under twelve hours peak to peak. Unless you are trying to break a record does it really matter how long you took?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...