UKC

Request for Pembroke info please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan Glynn 19 Aug 2014
It's been a couple of decades since I climbed in Pembroke. I'm looking to take my teenage daughters there and show them the delights of sea cliff climbing. Can anyone point me at the best areas for VD - VS routes and parking places and suggest suitable campsites please.
Many thanks.
 John2 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Dan Glynn:

In Range East the only crag with a reasonable selection of routes at those grades is Saddle Head. There are VSs at St Govan's, but they're not especially pleasant.

There are plenty more routes in your grade range in areas such as Giltar Slabs and North Pembroke.
 Chris Murray 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Dan Glynn:

Just had a fantastic fortnight climbing VD-HVS in the St Davids area with some trips to the south. Loads of nice campsites too.
OP Dan Glynn 20 Aug 2014
Thanks for the tips.

the sheep 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Le Chevalier Mal Fet:

> Just had a fantastic fortnight climbing VD-HVS in the St Davids area with some trips to the south. Loads of nice campsites too.

Seconded, the camp site at Porth Clais is right by the cliffs in a stunningly beautiful location. Red Wall is a lovely easy S climb too.
 Stu McInnes 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Dan Glynn:
Get the climbers club guidebook to north Pembs. St David's is the best base. You have all the great short sandstone routes at places such as porth clais, caerfai and barcud, then some amazing longer routes on the micro granite at st David's head.
It's also got more to do for the non climber up there as opposed to south Pembs.
If you want any more info get in touch!
Post edited at 23:11
OP Dan Glynn 21 Aug 2014

I have an old 1985 CC Guide to Pembroke. I think it'll suffice for a few days on the easier stuff.
Crikey, having a flick through, it seems I used to on sight E4 quite a lot. Them were the days!
Thanks for all the pointers. Very useful.
Post edited at 11:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...