UKC

Recommend me a harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Owen W-G 22 Aug 2014
My harness is showing worrying signs of falling apart.

I've only ever owned two - both Wild Country. Current one, I think, is an Elite which I don't think you can buy any more.

I'm looking for Trad/Cragging harness. No winter requirements. No haul bag loops or any fancy features. Good old fashioned UK trad climber me.

I'll need at least 5 gear loops (my previous two had 2 on either side and one on the back). I don't like the look of the 4 loop models. These ones with 7 or 9 loops, how do people find them? Do they basically carry the same ammount of gear, just over more loops?

Oh, I'm tall and skinny!

Thanks
 jkarran 22 Aug 2014
In reply to Owen W-G:

Go to a good sized shop and try them all on, pick the one that best suits your requirements, budget and importantly that you sit comfortably in.

jk
 DaveHall246 22 Aug 2014
In reply to Owen W-G:

I agree with jk - definitely best to try on several in a shop.

I recently got a WC Summit for doing pretty much what you're looking for. I like the 7 gear loops. It's basically configured with 2 normal large loops each side and one at the back, then 1 small loop each side attached at the top of the belt between the 2 big ones - useful for keeping 2 or 3 bits of gear separate from your other stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...