UKC

Conditions at Horseshoe quarry or Harpur hill

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Boulderdaz 27 Aug 2014
Hi all,

I'm supposed to be heading to Horseshoe quarry or Harpur Hill on Friday, and wondered what conditions were like following recent rainfall. The weather forecast appears to be on the up, so I'm hoping that it should be ok, but wondered if anyone local could confirm how it's looking.

thanks
Dazza
 The Potato 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Boulderdaz:

duplicate thread, see other replies

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=596235
 Chris Murray 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Boulderdaz:

Climbing in Chee Dale today and the rock was fine, so I guess it is fine at Harpur Hill as it is more exposed (can't comment on Horseshoe as I've only been there once). Bear in mind, however, that the forecast isn't good for Friday.
In reply to Boulderdaz: Conditions are better at Horseshoe than Harpur Hill 24/7! Both places have their fair share of loose rock but I would say HH has far more:- I have avoided HH for about 8 years and am still alive which proves beyond doubt it's a sensible option to go to HSQ instead.

OP Boulderdaz 28 Aug 2014
In reply to Boulderdaz: thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully the rain will hold out until later in the day and we'll get some climbing done.

OP Boulderdaz 28 Aug 2014
In reply to Frank the Husky: is HH really that bad? Heard lots of mixed reviews, but was drawn by some of the apparently quality routes such as coral seas.
 steveb2006 28 Aug 2014
In reply to Boulderdaz:

Harpur Hill is pretty good on main bit - and some of the other bits are good too. Papacy Buttress and Coral Sea areas have some very good climbing.
 Simon Caldwell 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Boulderdaz:

> is HH really that bad?

Some of the trad routes are quite good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...