UKC

Quadbike hire - Kalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gecko_Loco 01 Sep 2014
Ok, so I've seen that you can rent scooters in Kalymnos and I definitely think I'll do that for a few days....

But it seems the coolest way to get to the crag is with Quadbikes - or even better buggies!

I've seen a couple of places that rent them, but you have to pick them up from the port/ airport, which is ages away from where we're staying

Does anyone know anywhere we can hire one closer to our studio in Myrties?

Thanks

Bernard
 Jon_Warner 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Gecko_Loco:

Wasn't any in Myrties or Missouri this Spring, didn't see much in the way of Quads in all of 3 weeks. I think you might struggle locally... though your best bet might be to turn up and ask around.
 deacondeacon 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Gecko_Loco:

It's only a small island, we walked to the port on a rest day. Also it may be worth ringing around once you're there. Perhaps they'll drop you one off.
 pog100 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Gecko_Loco:

Not really sure how cool it is but on a practical note, it is a lot easier to park a scooter near to the crag.
 carl dawson 02 Sep 2014
Agree that it's less practical at many of the crags. Ditto in Masouri if it's the busy season when parking is a shambles at the best of times. IMHO scooters are more practical, more fun and possibly more cool (not that I would know).
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 02 Sep 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:

> It's only a small island, we walked to the port on a rest day. Also it may be worth ringing around once you're there. Perhaps they'll drop you one off.

Some rest day! You could always get the bus.

I have never seen a quad-bike anywhere on Kalymnos except for the disabled guy with his Greek flag that you spot here and there,

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...