UKC

Mini Invisible Bike Pump - Kickstarter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Daniel80 04 Sep 2014
Just wanted to flag this up for the cycling masses on UKC. I'm not affiliated with them - for the record!

Not sure how many look at Kickstarter projects, but good cycling based ones seem relatively rare.

http://www.crankpump.com/ - there's a link to the kickstarter on there.

Si_G 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

£15?!? With no gas included.
Or spend £4 for a similar co2 pump small enough to fit on your keys, and a set of tyre levers.

I don't have a Shimano crank, so I'm out.
 woolsack 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

I always carry two bottles so I'm out too
 The Potato 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

no no no and no, waste of money IMO
Removed User 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

I have a back pocket on my jersey so I'm out.
 Brass Nipples 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

Where is it, I can't see it
 Timmd 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

What about puncture number 2?

If it was a conventional super mini pump which slotted in I'd be keen.

Quite a nice idea though.
 GrahamD 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

I think I'd be worried that when I needed it, the nozzle would be full of crap.
OP Daniel80 05 Sep 2014
Fair play.. Guess it depends what you're after on a long ride. Anything to keep stuff out my pockets personally..
 GrahamD 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

Well, yes, which is why my gas and spare tube are under the saddle
 Toby_W 05 Sep 2014
In reply to GrahamD:

All goes easily in my middle back pocket. Shiny parts Co2 with two bottles, a weee CF pump, puncture repair kit, lezyne tool, Michelin race supersonic spare tube, lezyne tyre spanners and latex gloves.

I was super choughed with myself the other day when I got a puncture and I actually remembered to put the gloves on and keep my hands clean. A perfect tube swop.

Cheers

Toby
 GrahamD 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Toby_W:

Middle pocket is full of pasties
 GrahamD 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Toby_W:

Actually I'm dreading the day I actually have to use the co2 for the first time. I've watched all the videos but still !
 Enty 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

Love it! No more C02 in the back pocket or anything on your bike. I'm definitely on that one when my new wheels arrive.

As for the second puncture? Who carries two tubes?

E
 LastBoyScout 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:
Nice idea - but won't fit any of my road bikes and I'd stick with putting a proper pump in a rucksack for my mountain bike.

For now, I'll stick with my Air Chuck.

I'd leave the tyre levers at home, though - I don't need them on any of my wheels.
Post edited at 12:32
 Enty 05 Sep 2014
In reply to LastBoyScout:

>

> I'd leave the tyre levers at home, though - I don't need them on any of my wheels.

Loving minimalist cycling at the moment. Nothing at all exposed on my bike apart from the Garmin. Only one bottle cage.
Credit card and 20€ note in the middle back pocket with mobile phone.
No food on 3 hour rides.
Just one tube and one C02 if I'm not on me tubs.
Great feeling.

E
 Timmd 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Enty:

> Love it! No more C02 in the back pocket or anything on your bike. I'm definitely on that one when my new wheels arrive.

> As for the second puncture? Who carries two tubes?

> E

I carry two tubes. I'm a pessimist/realist/cautious/hate things spoiling my rides.
 Toby_W 05 Sep 2014
In reply to GrahamD:

Pasties you say, man after my own heart. Nom nom nom.

No going back with the co2. Connect, pull trigger or turn dial and as if by magic your tyre is back to 120psi in less than a second.

What I'd like would be sort of stocking that goes in your seat tube that would hold everything and all you'd have in your back pocket is a tiny torque hex to pop the post on and off.

Cheers

Toby
 LastBoyScout 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Toby_W:

> What I'd like would be sort of stocking that goes in your seat tube that would hold everything and all you'd have in your back pocket is a tiny torque hex to pop the post on and off.

I'd work on the idea of a flip-top saddle mount - I'd hate to have to bugger about with seatpost height and torque wrenches mid-ride.
 RedFive 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

Neat, but like a lot of KS stuff answering a problem that 'mostly' doesn't exist.

Two bottle cages, one with bottle type container that holds (real) bike pump, repair kit, inner tube, credit card, £10 note, multi-tool and door key. I don't need levers, as I have been shown the magic trick.

Other bottle contains water and the nice girl in the cafe replenishes it for me when I stop for cake.

Nothing in pockets and no saddle bag.

Sorry guys, I'm out too.
 Bob Hughes 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Daniel80:

I like it for minimalism on short rides but they need to make a raw aluminium or titanium end-cap. That red plastic plug is doing nothing for the v.
 Enty 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Bob Hughes:

Would have to black on my bike.

E
 Enty 05 Sep 2014
In reply to DefenderKen:

>

> Two bottle cages, one with bottle type container that holds (real) bike pump, repair kit, inner tube, credit card, £10 note, multi-tool and door key. I don't need levers, as I have been shown the magic trick.

>

If you're going down that road you need the coolest one available:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cw-trinity/item/vitto-prziptoolcase/?s-i...

E

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...