UKC

Freeride Pro - help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NottsRich 07 Sep 2014
I've recently noticed a lot of fore/aft play in my Fritschi Freeride Pro bindings. They've probably been used for 6-8 weeks, mainly gentle touring. Probably a week or two of piste days in total.

The movement comes from the main pivot at the front, and is noticeable when skinning uphill, skiing DH locked down, and by hand. Hopefully this video works to explain what I mean! Because of the silly shaped bolts on the pivot I can't take them apart to have a look. Is that normal movement? Is something worn out already?

You may notice I've taken the plastic shims out from under the toe piece. This movement was there before I did that.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated! I've not contacted Fritschi yet, thought I'd do some research first.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10101277672912038
 mike123 07 Sep 2014
In reply to NottsRich:

All our ski gear is in storage so I can't have a look but doesn't look right to me and well worth getting checked I reckoned . Fritschi importers are anything technical in Kendal
http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk
They repair stuff on site and repaired some bindings for me while I wandered around Kendal (I prearranged this by phone) .
OP NottsRich 08 Sep 2014
In reply to mike123:

Many thanks, I've dropped them an email.
 Gael Force 03 Oct 2014
In reply to NottsRich:

I've got these bindings, I can't see your video but there's no movement in mine. Looks like you've damaged yours somehow, mine have had a lot more use than yours as I ski every day in the season.
OP NottsRich 08 Oct 2014
In reply to Gael Force:

They're fine actually, bad communication and crossed wires...

I originally said "You may notice I've taken the plastic shims out from under the toe piece. This movement was there before I did that."

The plastic shims under the toe piece act as a spacer, but also stop rearward movement of the binding when locked down, which was the movement I was complaining about. So with them back in place all is good again. The movement is still there when in touring mode, with or without the shims, but that is intentional and normal.
Removed User 13 Oct 2014
In reply to NottsRich:

If you're in Notts you could go and talk to Jon Coster at The Piste Office - he's a great ski tech and v knowledgeable on bindings.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...