UKC

Grivel Crash Pad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pewtle 10 Sep 2014
Grivel crash pads on sale for £95 - anyone ever had any experience of these? Can't find a decent review online, and although the price is pretty tempting...

calum_mcgoff 10 Sep 2014
In reply to Pewtle:

I bought one about a year ago for a trip to font, no complaints about it, seems well made with a good carrying system/buckles. Very similar to a mates alpkit mujo.
 Bluebird 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Pewtle:

I have one. The pad is fine, but doesn't have a pocket to stash bits of gear/shoes/may/book etc, so find I'm forever picking up bits of kit as it falls out when carrying it. Also, for some reason the should straps dig into me, irrespective if how I set it up. I'd say on balance, it's a bit "beige"/ nondescript
 hipyhop 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Pewtle:

if it's the one available from GO for £90 I wouldn't bother.

I bought one earlier in the year as a secondary pad for a trip to font but I ended it up not using it and taking it back for full-refund. It's just too thin to be functional, it might help a little when landing on your feet but you wouldn't want to land on your back...
OP Pewtle 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Pewtle:

Useful advice, cheers folks
 winhill 11 Sep 2014
In reply to hipyhop:

> It's just too thin to be functional, it might help a little when landing on your feet but you wouldn't want to land on your back...

It's 12cm isn't it? thicker than most budget mats.
 hipyhop 24 Sep 2014
In reply to winhill:

The one I received from GO was more like 9-10cm and looked very thin next to my BD Impact (another budget mat)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...